At Strathcona Orthodontics we use a variety of orthodontic treatments that move your teeth and jaws.
Whenever possible we try to AVOID PERMANENT TOOTH EXTRACTIONS AND HEADGEAR.
- Braces – we use ‘self-ligating’ brackets that eliminate the need for the elastic ties that traditional braces require to straighten teeth. This decreases the pressure that is applied to the tooth, and decreases friction, allowing the teeth to move more freely. The result… More efficient and comfortable tooth movement! (www.speedsystem.com)
- Invisalign – uses a series of computer designed, custom-made removable clear aligner trays created for just for you. These aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. (www.invisalign.com)
- Appliances – different fixed and removable appliances can be used to correct the front to back relationship of the upper and lower jaws. These appliances are fully contained within your mouth, do not show, are much easier to wear than headgear and do need to be worn as instructed.
- Appliance Care – if at any time your appliance does not feel right, is loose or gets broken contact our office as soon as possible to schedule an appointment. (Fees may apply)
Additional Treatment Options
- Diode Soft Tissue Laser Therapy – is a safe and effective solution to many orthodontic obstacles such as tissue overgrowth or bulky gum tissue which can prevent comfortable and proper bracket placement or hinder good oral hygiene.
- TADS (Temporary Anchorage Devices) – are miniscrews made from surgical grade titanium-alloy and work as an anchor to allow difficult tooth movement to be achieved without the need for bulky appliances and in some cases prevents jaw surgery.
- PROPEL – stimulates the bone surrounding your teeth, helping the teeth to move faster and more predictably into their ideal position. (www.propel.com)
- Botox/Xeomin – Dr. Carlyle provides both therapeutic (muscle pain) Botox and cosmetic Botox/Xeomin for those little wrinkles we all see happening.
- • Snoring/Sleep Apnea treatment is available for both adults and children.